Tuesday, June 22, 2010

3 whole years...

Not many people know this.... I went to college and planned on being on-air talent (an anchorman) for the nightly news. This is what I spent my time in college doing. I was the first anchor for KYOT news at USD in Vermillion; and spent many days running the teleprompter, writing scripts, producing news stories, and half-heartedly studying for my media law class. (My friend, Sally and I spent most media theories classes doing crossword puzzles... don't tell my parents!) I ended up taking a photojournalism class from Lloyd Cunningham (who recently retired from the Argus Leader) and he inspired me; plain and simple. The class was at 8am and I am not a morning person. One day Lloyd said: "Megan, you don't talk much, but you take great pictures." My dad had always said that you should find out what you like to do and figure out a way to make money doing it. So that's what I did. This is the perfect job for me. And the past three years since I've opened have been a blast. So, I'm just very thankful to the people that helped make it a reality for me and for the people who inspired me to do what I love...

No comments: